One of the many benefits available to FORS members, and central to the FORS effort to promote best practice, is free access to FORS toolkits, designed to help you meet the requirements laid out in the FORS Standard and to improve performance.
Specifically designed for van operators, the Van Smart Toolkit aims to reduce work related road risk and create long-term behavioural change in the van sector. The toolkit provides helpful information and advice for fleet operators and transport managers, and specifically how to:
- Recruit responsible, safety-minded staff
- Engage with staff to improve their driving standards and professionalism
- Develop and run an internal road safety campaign
- Comply with the law and contractual requirements
- Recognise why and know how the streetscape in London and other major cities is changing to improve the safety of vulnerable road users
Jayne Dunn, HSQE Manager at Brookvex IMS, a FORS member said,
The Van Smart toolkit has been really useful for us in terms of raising the profile of FORS amongst our drivers.
“We have taken the V2 walkaround guidance from the FORS supporting slide pack and incorporated it into our own checklist template which provides drivers with a handy to use guide whilst undertaking their van checks.”
To download the FORS Van Smart toolkit, click here.